Leaping

There is nothing quite like the unabashed joy of moving forward. The moment in the dream where we chose to take the leap, where we chose to do the thing that we normally would shy away from. Often there are moments in the dream where we can jump off the cliff, plunge into the water, or enter the cave or tunnel, all moments which indicate our desire to move forward in the journey. Also moments where we chose to leave behind something that we no longer need: caretaking, anger, control, etc. We chose our road less traveled. It is a moment of surrender.

Dream:
I am with V. We are walking down a smooth rock slope that ends in the water. I have a tooth brush in a travel container that belongs to V. Then she points out that the toothbrush has fallen out of the container. It slides down the rock into the water. I run down the rock and I know I am going to throw myself in the water even though it is ice cold. V is yelling “Sweetie! Sweetie!”, and running after me. I think she is afraid for me. I get to the bottom and I fling myself in the water. I feel huge excitement. I think the water will be freezing but it is not. I swim to the edge of a stony shore which is just beyond where I jumped in and turn and lay my head on the shore with my body in the water. The water feels sensual on my body. Then I look out and see that there are other people in the water. I see a man with a little girl that he is helping to swim along. I swim towards them.
For me, this is a great moment in the dream. I forget about the toothbrush, I am not care-taking my partner, I don’t care if the water is cold. I am excited and I jump. I also stay with this moment. Going into the water is going into my essence, my feelings. The feeling of sensuality is the essence of the love that is rooted in my body. In the dream, I am not the girl, but my homework has me being the girl in the water being helped along by the Animus.

I feel safe. I do not need to know anything in this place. He cradles me in the cage of His arms and I hold on and kick my little legs. What joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated and monitored for spam.